UA Hanson FilmTV Institute and TFTV announce the inaugural Sundance Film Festival Student Trip January 22-28, 2023, available for 10 BFA and BA students
The purpose of the trip, fully funded by the Hanson FilmTV Institute, will be to give the cohort the most enriched and intensive experience of the Festival, an offer that can advance early careers post-graduation. Gain work experience, connections and knowledge of the film festival landscape and how it fits into the lifecycle of film and television projects.
Students will attend film screenings and have access to events, panels and networking socials, as well as roundtables discussions with professionals at the Festival.
Round trip travel to and from the Sundance Film Festival, shared room accommodation in multi-bedroom condo with two faculty chaperones, meals and ground transportation in Utah will be fully funded by the Hanson FilmTV Institute.
A Festival accreditation package will include the following:
Sundance Ignite Festival Package presented by Adobe:
- 10 tickets to in-person premieres and repeat screenings with early access to ticket selections before general public single-film ticket sales
- Five free redeemable vouchers for online film tickets only — presented by Adobe
- Access to Ignite package-holder events, panels, networking socials, receptions and more
- All online Explorer Pass benefits, including Short Film and Indie Episodic programs
Additional activities will include:
- Daily sessions with Hanson FilmTV Director on the innerworkings of the Festival and the parts that each of the teams play in presenting the Sundance FF overall
- Screenings, roundtables and meet-and-greet opportunities with filmmakers and professionals conducting business at Sundance 2023 to learn more about what they do at the Festival
Accepted students can also earn one unit of academic credit.
WHEN: Sunday January 22nd- Saturday January 28th
WHO: Open to 10 BFA & BA students
- Must be at least 18-years-old by December 1, 2022 and be a part-time or full-time undergraduate major or minor TFTV student during the spring 2023 semester.
- Must have a minimum grade point average of 2.75 overall and in the major.
- Over the course of the week, volunteer 24 hours of time working the Sundance Film Festival.
**For the safety of the travelling cohort, we would also ask that those selected provide a negative Covid-19 test result prior to travelling to Park City.
To apply for the Sundance Film Festival Student Trip, a general application must be received no later than Friday, December 16th. It must comprise a one-page resume of your experience and a one-page cover letter detailing how this Sundance opportunity would benefit your career aspirations and goals. Email your application to Hanson FilmTV Director Mia Farrell at email@example.com.
This opportunity is extremely competitive, so please do give us a sense of how you would look to make the most out of this trip. We look forward to hearing from you!
The formal selection process will be decided by the Hanson FilmTV Director in collaboration with faculty members. Applicants will be notified of the panel’s final decision by Friday, December 23rd.
You can explore the 2023 Sundance Film Festival Program here: https://festival.sundance.org/program/