The 19-unit Theatre Minor is only available to current UA students. This is a broad-based minor intended to provide a basic understanding of theatre, and includes courses in all areas within theatre (acting, theatre appreciation, design/technology, etc.). Application is not required to become a Theatre minor; however, to declare the minor, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a current UA student
- You must have a minimum UA cumulative GPA of 2.0
- You must have completed at least one of these 100-level courses: TAR 100, 103, 111, 113, 116, 118, which are available every Fall and Spring semester to any UA student via UAccess registration.
If you have met these criteria, schedule an appointment with advisor Professor David Yarnelle to declare the Theatre minor.
Film & Television Minor
The 24-unit Film & Television Minor is only available to current UA students. In this writing-intensive minor, students gain knowledge in film and industry studies and film production. Application is required to become a Film & Television minor, and is available twice a year, for Fall and Spring entry. To declare the minor, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a current UA student, registered for class(es) in Spring 2021
- You must have a minimum UA cumulative GPA of 2.5
- You must be accepted to the minor by the Film & Television faculty, by following the application instructions at the link below.
Download the Film & Television Minor Application Instructions for Fall 2021 admission
Download the Film & Television Minor Application Form for Fall 2021 admission
The application deadline for the FTV minor for Fall 2021 is Thursday, February 11th, 2021, at 4:00pm.