The 19-unit Theatre Minor is only available to current UA students. This is a broad-based minor intended to provide a basic understanding of theatre, and includes courses in all areas within theatre (acting, theatre appreciation, design/technology, etc.). Application is not required to become a Theatre minor; however, to declare the minor, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a current UA student
- You must have a minimum UA cumulative GPA of 2.0
- You must have completed at least one of these 100-level courses: TAR 100, 103, 111, 113, 116, 118, which are available every Fall and Spring semester to any UA student via UAccess registration.
If you have met these criteria, schedule an appointment with advisor Professor David Yarnelle to declare the Theatre minor.
Film & Television Minor
The 24-unit Film & Television Minor is only available to current UA students. In this writing-intensive minor, students gain knowledge in film and industry studies and film production. Application is required to become a Film & Television minor, and is available twice a year, for Fall and Spring entry. To declare the minor, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a current UA student, registered for class(es) during the semester you apply to the minor.
- You must have a minimum UA cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- You must attend one of the minor information sessions (below).
- You must be accepted to the minor by the Film & Television faculty, by following the application instructions given at the information sessions.
MINOR INFORMATION SESSION
Email Ms. Daniela Tascarella at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for one of the required information sessions below. (In your email, please include your name, UA student ID, UA email address, current UA GPA, and which minor information session you would like to attend.) Sessions will be held in 212 of the Marshall Building (845 N. Park Ave.) for the first session. The last session will be held via zoom.
- Friday September 2, 2022, 11:10-11:45am (Marshall 212)
- Friday September 9, 2022, 12:10-12:45pm (zoom)
Do not miss class to attend an information session! (Excuse notes will not be given.)
The application requirements for the minor include an application form, a statement of intent, and a response to a personal insight question. The instructions for submission of the FTV minor application will be given at the minor information sessions (above).
The application deadline for the FTV minor for Spring 2023 admission is 4:00pm on Thursday, September 22, 2022.
If you have any questions about the application process or requirements, you may contact Ms. Daniela Tascarella by phone at (520) 621-9303, or by email at email@example.com.
FTV COURSE INFORMATION
Most FTV courses that count in the FTV minor are not available to students in Fall and Spring semesters, unless and until they have been accepted and declared in the FTV minor — exceptions are FTV 301, FTV 325, FTV 375, and FTV 400, which (if offered) are available to all UA students via UAccess registration.
FTV courses offered in Summer sessions (including FTV 100A, FTV 100B, FTV 200, and FTV 375, which all count in the FTV minor) are available to all UA students via UAccess registration.