On May 6 filmmakers from the School of Theatre, Film & Television’s Class of 2023 premiered their senior thesis films at I Dream in Widescreen (IDIWS), a signature annual event of the School of Theatre, Film & Television. Along with the filmmakers, the audience included their families, many of whom travelled from out of state to attend, cast and crew, industry guests, sponsors, TFTV faculty, staff and students, and countless supporters.
The screening was followed by an awards ceremony led by Film & Television Production Professors Jacob Bricca, ACE, and Michael Mulcahy. The winners of the awards were as follows:
- Film Tucson New Filmmaker Award: Sean-David Ta (Dear Ivy)
- Neil Benton Arts & Entertainment Award for Excellence in Producing: Grant Forgues and Tatiana Hernadez (Pétalos)
- Hanson FilmTV Institute Award for Excellence in Screenwriting: Hadas Bar (The Art of Leaving Home)
- Hanson FilmTV Institute Award for Excellence in Production Designer: Elisa Gonzalez (Dear Ivy)
- Monte Ralstin Award for Excellence in Acting: Babacar Ba (Deserted)
- Monsoon Award for Excellence in Cinematography: Tatum Sailors (Unconditional)
- Adobe Award for Excellence in Sound Design: Ryan Ramsey (The Rematch)
- Adobe Award for Excellence in Editing: Ryan Ramsey (The Rematch)
The films of IDIWS2023 are available to screen on TFTV’s YouTube channel and on the IDIWS website through May 21.