An Assistant Director is in charge of planning major aspects of the production and running the set during filming.
In this seminar, you will learn:
- How to break down a script
- How to schedule scenes for maximum efficiency
- How to choose and work on film locations
- How to schedule and lead tech scouts, production meetings, tests & rehearsals
- How to run the set and ensure safety
- How to direct extras and create realistic background action
- How to handle creative talent
Craig Huston is a member of the Directors Guild of America with more than 60 screen credits as First Assistant Director on feature films, TV/cable movies and episodic TV series. He has worked on Hollywood-based films in 21 states and 12 foreign countries, including challenging assignments in Russia, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Thailand, Malaysia, and the Philippines.
Saturday, September 17, 2022 from 9am to 4:30pm (lunch provided) in Harvill Rm 102.
OPEN & FREE to UA Students, Faculty & Staff.
Register by September 16 – send email with full name and phone number to email@example.com.