The Film Production Division trains future directors, producers, screenwriters, cinematographers, editors, sound designers and other industry leaders with filmmaking courses taught by a faculty of internationally recognized and award-winning filmmakers. Alumni of the program work throughout the entertainment industry in all aspects of film and media development, production and distribution.
In the Film Production BFA Degree program, students produce original content while working on multiple film productions each semester. With an emphasis on professional production values and technical mastery, this immersive, hands-on curriculum offers students the opportunity to discover their personal voices as storytellers, while honing their craft across the filmmaking process, from development through postproduction.
Films produced in the Production Division have been selected for prestigious international film festivals around the world, including the Berlin International Film Festival and Sundance Film Festival.
- Receive individualized attention through small classes and hands-on work with a faculty of critically acclaimed filmmakers
- Gain hands-on experience working on student film sets
- Enter the film and television industry through the professional internship program
- Join a network of alumni working across the industry
Notable Alumi include: Tyler Gilette (writer/director, Southbound, V/H/S), Eyde Belasco (casting director, Transparent), Aaron Wickenden (editor of the Academy-Award nominated documentary Finding Vivian Maier) and Ari Sandel, writer/director of Academy Award Winning short film West Bank Story)
- To apply to BFA Film & TV, see the BFA Film & TV admission website.