The BFA Film & Television is available for Spring entry only, to current UA students already declared in the BA Film & Television. Applications must be submitted by the appropriate deadline. Late submissions will not be reviewed.
Current UA Students
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2017, 12:00noon
is the deadline for Spring 2018 admission.
Applying to the BFA Film & TV is a three-step process.
Current UA Students
Make sure you are eligible to apply to the major:
- You must be a current major in the BA Film & Television at the U of A. (Non-UA students and non-Film & TV majors cannot be admitted directly into the BFA degree and must first apply to the BA Film & TV following the instructions at this website.)
- You must complete all of the following courses by the end of Fall 2017: FTV 100A, 100B, 200, 210. (Because these courses are not all offered in the Fall semester, students beginning at UA in Fall 2017 will NOT be eligible to apply to the BFA until Fall 2018.)
- To enter the BFA Film & TV, you must have a minimum UA cumulative GPA of 2.5 by the beginning of the Spring 2018 semester.
You must attend ONE of the following BFA informational workshops. (Please be on time; prior registration is not required to attend.)
- Friday March 31, 2017, 3:00-3:50pm, Marshall 221
- Friday April 14, 2017, 11:00-11:50am, Marshall 221
- Friday August 25, 2017, 9:00-9:50am, Marshall 221
- Friday September 1, 2017, 10:00-10:50am, Marshall 221
Submit the application requirements (see link below) to be considered for acceptance to the major. All materials must be received in our office by the posted deadline.
See the Application Requirements website.
NOTE: The BFA is a 5-semester program, beginning in the Spring semester following acceptance into the program. It cannot be completed early. Successful applicants in Fall 2017 begin the program in Spring 2018, and can graduate no earlier than May 2020.
If you have any questions about the application process or requirements, you may contact Prof. Lisanne Skyler at email@example.com or (520) 621-8977.