Every student in the School of Theatre, Film & Television receives regular academic advisement. Advisors are assigned based on the degree plan selected. It is very important that each student consult with his/her advisor(s) in person at least once each semester, well before registering for classes. Consultation with an advisor can avoid unnecessary coursework and delays in graduation.
Specific information for current Theatre, Film & Television students is available on the CFA console, under “Forms, Documents, Downloads”. Information here includes advisement procedures for specific degree plans, registration dates and deadlines, and a variety of important departmental forms.
To schedule an appointment with an advisor in Theatre, Film & Television, click on the appropriate link:
Goals of advising
As an institution, the goals of academic advising include helping students:
- Clarify their life and career goals
- Develop suitable educational plans
- Select appropriate courses and complementary educational experiences
- Interpret institutional requirements
- Enhance their awareness of available educational resources (such as internship opportunities, honors, and tutoring programs)
- Evaluate their progress toward established goals
- Assist them in completing degree requirements in a timely manner
- Develop decision-making skills
- Reinforce their self direction
- Seek out and use support services in the institution and the community
- Collect and distribute data regarding student needs, preferences and performance for use in making institutional decisions and policy